Tropic Marin Syn-Biotic Sea Salt
The new Tropic Marin® Syn-Biotic Sea Salt contains probiotic bacteria for fish and shrimp and special prebiotic bacteria food to promote probiotic bacterial growth and to create low-nutrient conditions in the aquarium for LPS and SPS corals. The term synbiotic refers to supplements which combine probiotics and prebiotics in a form of synergism.
Tropic Marin® Syn-Biotic Sea Salt is ideal when you are setting up a new tank and every time you expand the tank’s stock. It has been proven that probiotic bacteria help to overcome stress and disease while enhancing the health and well-being of fish and crustaceans. For the best results, the aquarium should have a water change with Syn-Biotic Sea Salt prior to any new stock being introduced.
The contained prebiotic additives promote the integration of nitrates and phosphates in bacterial mass for low-nutrient conditions and the vivid colours of LPS and SPS corals. For a sustained acclimatization of animals to the aquarium conditions and to stabilize the microbiology of the tank system we recommend using Syn-Biotic Sea Salt permanently. Each water change with Syn-Biotic Sea Salt automatically adds the probiotic bacteria necessary to maintain healthy biological processes.
- It has been proven that probiotic bacteria improve the health and well-being of fish and crustaceans and assist them in overcoming stressful situations and illness
- Prebiotic additives promote the integration of nitrates and phosphates in bacterial mass for low-nutrient conditions and the vivid colours of LPS and SPS corals
- Contains additional nitrifying and de-nitrifying bacteria to support the nitrogen cycle
- To maintain the alkalinity in a 8-9 °dH range.
- Ideal for a new tank installation, a new stocking process and for every livestock increase
- Suitable for permanent use – for a stable microbiology within the aquarium
- Dissolves in water quickly and completely
- Produced with pharmaceutically pure salts, without any nitrate or phosphate additives or other unnatural enrichments
- Universally applicable – suitable for keeping and breeding fish, corals and other invertebrates, as well as seaweed
How to use:
To achieve a salinity level of 32 – 35 ‰ (psu), dissolve 35 ml (approx. 37-40 g/1.3-1.4 oz.) of Tropic Marin® Syn-Biotic for every litre or one half cup for every US-gallon of water in a container, stirring continuously. The specific gravity of the sea salt solution should be 1.025 to 1.027 at a temperature of 25 °C/77 °F. The prepared saltwater can be used as soon as the salt is fully dissolved.
Note: Always add the sea salt to the water – not the other way round. When checking the conductivity of freshly prepared Syn-Biotic saltwater the conductometer will show ca. 10 % low results, because the contained organic substances affect the measurement.
It is normal for the salt water to turn slightly cloudy and this indicates that the synbiotic additives are taking effect. After setting up a new aquarium it takes a few weeks of circulating and lighting to establish stable biological conditions for the care of delicate marine organisms. Changing up to 10 % of the water every week using Tropic Marin® Syn-Biotic helps to keep the water quality within the parameters most important to the delicate marine life in your aquarium.
Use the new dosing calculator for an easy determination of the required amount of salt for your aquarium.