Hanna Marine Phosphate Checker
Ideal for coral reef tanks, plus fresh and salt water aquariums. Also natural, waste, agricultural and drinking water.
With its high accuracy and low level detection at the touch of a button - the HI-713 Phosphate Checker is assisting marine and fresh water fish enthusiasts with the daily care of their tanks.
Phosphate directly inhibits calcification by corals and coralline algae - even at low levels. The health of plants in freshwater aquaria will also be impaired by raised levels of phosphate in the water. Phosphate naturally occurs as waste decomposes in coral reef, salt and fresh water aquariums. While it does not directly harm fish when levels are high, resulting green algae growth can deplete the oxygen levels in water. Corals can lose their colour due to the effects of brown algae.
The optimum phosphate level - particularly for reef tanks - is often quoted as zero or 0.05 mg/L (ppm).
With its ability to register the presence of phosphate in salt and fresh water at extremely low levels, the new Hanna Phosphate Checker offers a real 'must-have' addition to the fish lover's equipment chest.
- Testing is quick and easy
- High precision results - more accurate than chemical test kits
- Auto shut-off feature means the Checker cannot be left on by mistake
- Fully portable, fitting easily into both palm and pocket
- Fits nicely into your palm or pocket
- 2 sample cuvettes
- Cuvette cap
- Starter pack of reagents x 6 (re-ordering information HI-713-25 x 25 tests)
- 1 x 1.5 AAA battery
- Coral reef tanks
- Salt water aquarium
- Fresh water fish keeping
- Range 0.00 to 2.50 ppm (mg/L)
- Resolution 0.01 ppm (mg/L)
- Precision ±0.04 ppm (mg/L) ±4% of reading @ 25°C
- Light SourceLED @ 525 nm
- Light Detector Silicon photocell
- Environment 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH max 95% non-condensing
- Battery Type(1) 1.5V AAA
- Auto-off After 2 minutes of non-use and after read
- Dimensions 81.5 x 61 x 37.5 mm (3.2 x 2.4 x 1.5”)
- Weight 64 g (2.25 oz.)
- Method Adaptation of Standard Method 4500-P E.