Tropic Marin Original Balling
Tropic Marin® Original Balling Components are the 3 salt components used in the Balling method and allow an independent dosage of calcium and carbonates adapted to each individual aquarium. The three part method adds calcium chloride dihydrate (part A) and sodium carbonate/sodium bicarbonate (part B), while the addition of sodium chloride free sea salt (part C) maintains the crucial ionic balance in the aquarium water. This balanced calcium dosage creates the best conditions for good growth of corals and coralline algae and avoids the inevitable decrease of important elements seen in two part methods.
- For a highly efficient supply of calcium using the Balling method
- The ion equilibrium is maintained
- All components are available separately in packs of 1 kg/ 35,3 oz. or as set (3 x 1 kg)
- The three powdered salt mixtures A, B and C get separately dissolved in water
- The separate solutions can be added to the tank either directly or by a dosing pump
- Contains all 70 trace elements found in natural sea water
- No unnatural by-products
- Without phosphates and other pollutants
- The separate solutions are very stable and can be stored indefinitely
- The solubility of these elements is insured by the use of pharmaceutical grade salts of the highest purity
How to use:
Dissolve the quantities of the salts separately, as indicated below, in individual containers of reverse osmosis water. The resulting solutions are then ready to use. Dose equal quantities of the separate solutions daily or varying quantities of each separate solution to achieve the recommended levels in the aquarium. These separate solutions are very stable and can be stored indefinitely. The use of highly purified salts of pharmaceutical quality guarantees the resulting solutions are clear and pure.
30 ml / 1 fl.oz of each solution raise the calcium concentration of 10 US-gal./35 l by 15 mg/l (ppm) calcium and 2.2 °dH. The maximum recommended dose is 60 ml / 2 fl.oz. of each solution per 10 US-gal./35 l per day.
Salt needed for 5 L solution:
Calcium chloride dihydrate (part A): 380 g / 0.84 lb / 16 scoops
Sodium carbonate/sodium bicarbonate (part B): 378 g / 0.83 lb / 21 scoops
Sodium chloride free sea salt (part C): 120 g / 0.26 lb / 5 scoops
Concentration of solution:
Calcium chloride dihydrate (part A): 20.000 mg/l (ppm) Ca
Sodium carbonate/sodium bicarbonate (part B): 2800° dKH/l
Sodium chloride free sea salt (part C): 3350 mg/l Mg; 980 mg/l K
Recommended concentration in the aquarium:
Calcium chloride dihydrate (part A): 400 – 450 mg/l (ppm) Ca
Sodium carbonate/sodium bicarbonate (part B): 6 – 9° dKH
Sodium chloride free sea salt (part C): 1250 – 1400 mg/l Mg; 375 – 400 mg/l K
For an additional trace element supply, we recommend Tropic Marin® K+ Elements and A- Elements.